Joel Tetteh received his Bachelor’s from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology and his Master’s from University of Utah all in Petroleum Engineering. He is currently a PhD student at KU Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Department working with Dr. Reza Barati on investigating the mechanism of Low Salinity in carbonate reservoirs. During his masters research, he developed a geomechanical model using Abaqus to study the effects of water hammer on near wellbore stresses. His love for research is what motivated him to pursue PhD studies at KU. He is currently interested in Geomechanical and Geochemical coupled fluid flow modelling, Low salinity waterflooding and Oilfield Chemistry. Joel has future plans of working in academia as a research professor. He enjoys watching soccer and movies during his free time.
- Joel T. Tetteh, Sherifa E. Cudjoe, Saman A. Aryana, Reza Barati Ghahfarokhi, Investigation into fluid-fluid interaction phenomena during low salinity waterflooding using a reservoir-on-a-chip microfluidic model, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, Volume 196, 2021, 108074, ISSN 0920-4105.
- Joel T. Tetteh, Patrick V. Brady, Reza Barati Ghahfarokhi, Review of low salinity waterflooding in carbonate rocks: mechanisms, investigation techniques, and future directions,
Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 2020, 102253, ISSN 0001-8686
- Joel T. Tetteh, Sirwan Alimoradi, Patrick V. Brady, Reza Barati Ghahfarokhi, Electrokinetics at calcite-rich limestone surface: Understanding the role of ions in modified salinity waterflooding, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 2019, 111868, ISSN 0167-7322, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2019.111868.
- J.T. Tetteh, R. Barati, Crude Oil-Brine Interaction as a Recovery Mechanism for Low Salinity Waterflooding of Carbonate Reservoirs, SPE Reserv. Eval. Eng. (2018). doi:https://doi.org/10.2118/194006-PA.
- J. Tetteh, N.M. Janjang, R. Barati, Wettability Alteration and Enhanced Oil Recovery Using Low Salinity Waterflooding in Limestone Rocks: A Mechanistic Study, in: SPE Kingdom Saudi Arab. Annu. Tech. Symp. Exhib., Society of Petroleum Engineers, 2018. doi:10.2118/192425-MS.
- J.T. Tetteh, E. Rankey, R. Barati, Low Salinity Waterflooding Effect: Crude Oil/Brine Interactions as a Recovery Mechanism in Carbonate Rocks, in: OTC Bras., Offshore Technology Conference, 2017. doi:10.4043/28023-MS.
- J.T. Tetteh, R. Barati, E. Peltier, S. Randtke, Modified Salinity Water as An Alternative to Fresh Water Usage in Waterflooding of Lansing Kansas City Limestone Reservoirs, in: Kansas Governor’s Water Conf., Manhattan, 2018.
- J.T. Tetteh, R. Barati, A Fluid/Fluid and Fluid/Rock Interpretation for a Comprehensive Understanding of Low Salinity Waterflooding in Limestone Rocks., in: 256th ACS Natl. Meet. Expo., Boston, 2018.
- J. Tetteh, R. Barati, The Influence of Fluid/Fluid Interaction on Improved Oil Recovery from Low Salinity Waterflooding in Limestone Rocks, in: 13th Int. Symp. Reserv. Wettability Its Eff. Oil Recover., The University of Texas at Austin, 2018.