Drilling, Hydraulic Fracturing and Acid Treatment Research
Title: Dual Application of Polyelectrolyte Complex Nanoparticles as Enzyme Breaker Carriers and Fluid Loss Additives for Fracturing Fluids
Award: Junior Faculty Research Initiation Fellowship
Funding Agency: Society of Petroleum Engineers
Duration: Dec. 2012-Dec.2014
Title: A New Environmentally- and Equipment-Friendly Blend for Matrix Acidizing and Acid Fracturing of the Mississippian Limestone Formation
Duration: Oct. 2012- Oct. 2018
CT images of two Indiana Limestone Cores matrix acidized with UltraFrack (LHS), an environmentally friendly poduct with slower rate of reaction, and 15% HCl (RHS). Please open with IE if Mozilla does not open the videos. CT images are taken by the Piri Research Group at the University of Wyoming.
Title: Simulation Study of Hydraulic Fracture Propagation and Cleanup in Tight Unconventional Reservoirs.
Funding Agency: KICC
Duration: Jan.2014-May 2015
Title: Improving Water Management, Treatment and Recovery in Oil and Gas Production.
Funding Agency: NSF-EPSCoR
Duration: August 2016- August 2020
- Coreflooding Setup for Formation Damage and Matrix Acidizing
- Dynamic and Static Fluid Loss Systems with Two Shear Loops
- HPHT CO2-Foam Fracturing Setup with Flow Loop, View Cell, Dynamic Fluid Loss, and Sand Pack Modules
- HPHT Interfacial Tension Angle Measurement Setup
- HPHT Rheometer for Fracturing Fluids and Foam Studies
- HPHT Rotating Disc Acid Reaction and Corrosion System
- HPHT Gas Huff-n-Puff Setup for Shale IOR